Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Vegetables

I found this picture and it reminded me of a fruit that my girls found while preparing dinner with mom.

We all know what to do if a pepper burns our mouth... But what do you do if your pepper HAS a mouth?


This strawberry, looks like it had a few too many shortcakes. (we ate this fine beast for dinner last night...seriously.) It moved surprisingly slow so it was easy to catch, for a mutated fruit. It gave me a warm feeling inside thinking about whatever chemical helped inspire it's growth was now residing within the bellies of me and my family. But with a few Tums, it went away pretty quick.

5 comments:

  1. I popped over from Beth Ann's blog. I am Matt's sister.

    Always looking for more hilarious blogs to add to my 537 on my Reader. Looks like I found one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard the good ship blogg-i-pop Mr. Winters! Greatly looking forward to your clever posts!

    Question for you. Where would one look to purchase super awesome decals to adorn 7 month old sons helmet? Sawyer is getting one to straighten out his noggin & i was thinking you could point me to some cool place to make it look cool so he won't get teased on the playground....Maybe some race stripes or skulls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the comments!
    Kristina... welcome. I hope you saw the post about the guy with the tatoos on his face. The question arose if the guy next to him was your handsome brother. (not Cameron...the other one).


    Nichole, let me know the base color of that sweet mellon baller contraption. I'll start thinking about a phat graphic scheme. (right now i'm thinking a white helmet, with a red and blue pinstripe down the middle and a number 53, in a circle on both sides ...A Herbie Helmet!) But a couple of random skull and cross bones with the skull wearing a noggin straightener helmet would be cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally did not mean for you personally to do it but that would be sweet! A Herbie Helmet would be speedy-rific. They come in white but of course we can paint it any color during the one hour per day it's off of his head. I'll be in touch! (sorry to Cadi for taking future time from already busy husband)

    ReplyDelete